.

.
Our Traveling Home

Marty & Maxwell

Kay and her kayak

Maxwell

Zoe

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Nebraska, Lincoln & Lyman Apr 19-26

Our next stop on the way home is Lincoln, NE to visit Kay's nephew Andrew and Lisa and their baby girl Braelyn. From Lincoln, we drove in bad wind to Sydney, NE where we spent the night in the Cabela Campground.  We did go spend some time in the big Cabela store. Then on to Lyman, NE where Kay's Dad lives.  We will park the camper in Dad's driveway for a few days.
Lincoln, Nebraska
Kay and Braelyn Edwards
Kay's nephew Andrew Edwards
Andrew's wife Lisa
Lisa and Braelyn
Yes I got to hold the baby also.
Braelyn Edwards
Andrew and Kay
Playing Phase 10
This is Marty trying to get the yellow kayak back on the rack.  The wind was blowing out of the north about 40 mph and it broke the rail the kayak was resting on.  The kayak ended up hanging on my mirror.  Each time I got it up close to the rack again a big truck would come by and suck it down again.  I finally got it up enough to drive to the next exit where I could get it strapped up to drive again.  I hate Nebraska wind.  In fact I hate wind in general. 
Lyman, Nebraska where Kay's Dad lives.
After we stopped in Sidney, NE for the night, we continued on to Lyman.  Along the way we stopped at Chimney Rock National Site east of Scottsbluff, NE. 
Chimney Rock was a stopping point for the wagon trains going west.
Kay's Dad Howard eating the oatmeal I fixed him for breakfast.
Kay and her Uncle Bob.  He lives in Mitchell, NE
Kay and Uncle Bob
I got to mow Kay's Dads lawn.  This was the first time I ever had a chance to use a riding mower.  Had a lot of fun doing it.  In fact, I mowed a lot more than his lawn.
Now there is a happy camper.
Howard putting oil in the mower.
Me trying to help.
Maxwell and Zoe waiting for their cookie.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, shouldn't you be wearing a leather vest when riding that lawn mower???

    Love, love, love all of the new blogs and pictures! I'm more than caught up since I know firsthand how Pray, MT went...still shocked and amazed how that all turned out! Thanks again for that yummy spaghetti dinner invite and tell Bob and Bonnie hello.

    Love from your favorite niece...Kim
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, Dick and Bonnie...or is it Bonnie and Clyde?!.

    ReplyDelete