.

.
Our Traveling Home

Marty & Maxwell

Kay and her kayak

Maxwell

Zoe

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Wisconsin, Eagle River August 8 - Sept 2

Our next stop is Chain-of-Lakes Resort, on Cranberry Lake, about 6 miles East of
Eagle River, WI.    The boat launch is only about two blocks from our camp site.
We kayaked the lake many times during our stay.

Eagle River, Wisconsin
The boat launch where we put our kayaks into the lake.

 This is a channel that leads up to another lake in the chain.

Kay likes to take some unusual pictures. 

This was a very nice dock along the channel.
Kay was trying to show the Packer's flag flying along side the US flag.
This is some kind of aquatic plant, but I have no idea what.

Another one of Kay's flowers
Once again, my favorite thing to do, Fish out of my kayak.  This is one of the many northern pike I caught on Cranberry Lake.  I also caught a few large mouth bass.
More of Kay's photo's

 
Some of the local wildlife

 One night we thought we would do something different, and go to a dirt track speedway race.  The interesting thing is, our first date, I took Kay to one in Lakeside, CO.  We both enjoyed it.
Eagle River Speedway
The National Anthem opening ceremony flag run
The little red car has a 600cc motorcycle engine in it. 
They went about 90 MPH around the track. The driver was only 12 years old.
This little pink one, had a 15 HP engine in it.  The driver was a little 6 year old girl. 
 She came in last on both of her races, but finished them both.


I loaded up my kayak and drove up to Lower Nine Mile lake.  Kay and the dogs stayed home.
 
There was some interesting dead stump sculptures in the middle of the lake. 
Which was about 3 feet deep at this point.
A view up the lake.  I did get a nice northern pike by the stump in front of me.

Another stump sculpture
When I got back to the camper, Kay had taken more pictures of the local wildlife.

No comments:

Post a Comment