.

.
Our Traveling Home

Marty & Maxwell

Kay and her kayak

Maxwell

Zoe

Monday, September 19, 2011

Michigan, Gaylord Sept 9 - 18

Our next stop in Michigan, is Beaver Creek Campground.  It is about 6 miles south of Gaylord.  This campground is very nice, and very quiet.  There were many little lakes for me to fish, and I fished three of them.

Gaylord, Michigan
This is the Mackinaw bridge, which connects the upper and lower part of Michigan.  The bridge is 7 miles long.
Our first kayak trip in the lower part of Michigan was on the Au Sable River.  It was out of Grayling, MI about 30 miles south of Gaylord.  Was a very slow and gentle river, so we decided to take Maxwell and Zoe.  Maxwell rode with Kay most of the trip.  and here is Zoe, as far out on the front of the kayak as she could get.

The Au Sable River
Zoe loves to ride on the platform I made for her.

Both with me.

I love my dog Maxwell
Kay's pictures as we traveled down the river

This stopping and eating a good pizza after a day kayaking on the river, is getting to be a very good habit.
The first lake was Manuka Lake.  Here I got about a dozen Redear Sunfish.  I gave all of them to other people fishing on the lake.  They tell me they are very good eating. 

Manuka Lake
As I was fishing on Emerald Lake, Kay was taking more flower pictures
Also more bees



One of the Large Mouth Bass I got that day.  I do love fishing out of my kayak.
Since I could not catch any Salmon, Kay had to buy one.  We had it for supper that night.  GOOOOD
The farmer's market we shopped at in Gaylord.
There was a lot of good stuff here.
This little fox was at the entrance of our campground.

The last lake I got to fish was Big Bradford Lake.  It was south of the campground.  Kay and the dogs stayed home that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment