.

.
Our Traveling Home

Marty & Maxwell

Kay and her kayak

Maxwell

Zoe

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Minnesota, Cloquet Sept 4 - 5

On our way from Grand Portage, MN, we made an overnight stop at Cloquet, MN.  As we were setting up the camper, I noticed that one of the springs on the camper was broken.  It was the front wheel on the passenger side of the camper.  I do not know how long it had been broken.  The road from Grand Portage was very rough, it had to have happened somewhere along the way.  The next day, I found a place in Duluth where I could buy a new spring so Kay and I drove back into Duluth about 23 miles to pick up the spring.  While I was there, they had two springs like the one I needed, so I bought both of them and 4 new U bolts to attach them to the axle.  I had already replaced the two springs on the right side, so thought it would be best to replace both springs on the left side. Since it was the front side of the spring that had broken, the wheel had moved to the back close to the rear wheel. I knew I could not travel with the camper in that condition, so I bought a little come-along and three foot of chain to attach to the broken spring axle to keep it from moving back to the rear wheel.  That worked quite well, so I was confident we could make it to Sebeka where it could be fixed.  Being on the road full time, one has to be a mechanic, electrician, carpenter, plumber, and a all around good guy. Saying that with a big smile.


Cloquet, Minnesota just west of Duluth.

These water falls were along side the road on the way toward Duluth.






Standing on the bridge looking down stream from the falls.
Kay going to see what is under the bridge.

Another shot down stream of the falls

The rest area we stopped at to see the falls.

Kind of a cool shot going through a tunnel.


No comments:

Post a Comment